Come to the Wharf for a Skate;
Stay Food, Drinks, and Shopping
The chilly weather has some advantages such as ice skating, and as of November 24th, the Wharf ice rink is now open for business. Skating at the Wharf is a great way to get out doors, be active, and safe. The Wharf skating rink is located at the end of Transit pier and below Cantina Bambina, which makes for terrific views of the Washington Channel and close proximity to warm drinks and cocktails.
The Wharf rink is open five days a week Wednesday – Sunday through February 2022. Skaters can bring their own skates or they can be rented on site. Active military, seniors, first responders, and healthcare workers can receive a $2 discount on Wednesdays and Thursdays with valid identification.
The shopping season has begun and after a skate, the District Wharf is a great place to get your shopping done and of course to get your drinks and eats at your favorite waterside restaurants and bars. 85% of the Wharf businesses are small or family owned. We hope you patronize them throughout the holiday season.
Ice Rink Hours of Operation
- Wednesday-Friday: 4-10pm
- Saturday: 12-10pm
- Sunday: 12-8pm
- Monday-Tuesday: Closed
Special Holiday Hours
- December 23: 12pm-10pm
- December 24: 12pm-7pm
- December 25: 12pm-8pm
- December 26-30: 12pm-10pm
- December 31: 12pm-8pm
- January 17: 12pm-5pm
- Adult: $12
- Youth (12 & Under): $9
- Skate Rental: $6
- Group Rate (10 or more) includes skate rental: $14
- The Wharf Ice Rink is located at 970 Wharf Street SW, Washington, DC 20024 on Transit Pier at The Wharf. Purchase admission and rent skates at the Skate Shop, located on Transit Pier next to the Water Taxi ticket office.
- Learn more about getting to The Wharf, including transit, bicycling, and parking info.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to rent rink for private events, parties, and team building activities including skating, curling, food and beverage packages, and s’mores at the fire pit!